Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Art of Weddings

Today I had the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite vendors perform her magic after the wedding.  Maggie O'Neill, owner of O'Neill Studios hand delivered recent client (and SoCo planner extraordinaire), Bridget Reed Newby, her wedding masterpiece.  We commissioned Maggie to do live painting during Bridget and Frank's rooftop extravaganza at The Hay Adams Hotel this past May.  Bridget and Maggie discussed the work of art prior to the wedding, and together they decided that the bridal party, the view, and of course the happy couple would be the focus of the painting.
Not only did Bridget hire Maggie to create a timeless work of art to capture her wedding, but also entertain guests.  Guests were in awe of Maggie and her amazing talent...who wouldn't be?!?!?!

Maggie hard at work!  Photo Jennifer Lust


So, I was beyond excited to go to Bridget and Frank's to see the finished product, and it was better than I imagined it would be!

The finished masterpiece...I just love it!


Maggie O'Neill and Bridget Reed Newby 

Close up shot, can't believe the Monument, White House and Jefferson Memorial were all capture along with the beautiful bridal party!

Maggie is not only a talented artist, but my client for her June 2011wedding!  I cannot wait to see what we pull off for her wedding.  All I can say is she has mentioned custom made furniture, painting her own bridesmaid dresses and tonight said, "I wish the guests would have costume changes!!!".  It is going to be in the words of Rachel Zoe, "BANANAS!!!".

xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment